Thursday 3 May 2012

Wii 21

 Yes they say it is a Journey. Just the word journey makes me tired or else makes me think of a 70s/80s rock band. 

Journey implies movement, which is obviously what a person needs to lose the pounds. Anyone who thinks they can just diet and not MOVE is seriously deluded. My exercise regimen involves going for two walks a day with the dog, time between both totals an hour. Usually. Only if the weather is good. And I try to do Wii Fit in the morning. For those of you not familiar with this particular Nintendo Wii “game” …you stand on the Wii board and it weighs you, tells you if you are well balanced and gives you your BMI. Mine sings “Da da da da da da, that’s obese!” and the little Mii figure of myself turns from thin to tubby. Yeah I know, seriously?!?!! But it gives you goal weights and other things to work towards. It has yoga, strength training and a lot of really strange games have you flailing about like a twit in a way that would make you die of embarrassment if someone walked in. Another feature, which  only seems to be designed as an ego booster, or deflater, is the Wii Fit age. You take a Body Test, then you take some balancing tests, two of them, which involve anything from standing on one foot to marching in place to rocking around on the board clicking at numbers or boxes on the screen, even standing perfectly still, which by the way is impossible. After all that, they give you a Wii fit age which is suppose to be a calculation of your real age and how you did on the tests. My lowest has been 21 (ego booster) and the highest has been 64 (ego deflater). Actually I believe during the latter I may have been using the Wii board as a pillow during the testing. I have three Mii-selfs on the Wii fit. Sandlynn is my working girl self dressed in blue. The other is Mommy dressed in black and the other is Lynn who is blond and 10 years younger and born in July. The other two have my real birthday. She is dressed in purple. Lynn is the cyclist. I was an avid cyclist when I was younger and my lowest weight ever when I was in my 20s was 111. I looked anorexic to tell you the truth. I worked out three hours a day on average and rode my bike everywhere. It’s time to get that body back, well not that body. A 135 would be fine.

Godspell is going well. And making me physically very tired, which I suppose is a good thing. They cast Lily, which is funny. She gets all the praise from the director and the rest of us get, “I know you can do better” during the run-throughs. The director is also convinced she will steel the show and so is Lily for that matter. Little canine diva princess bitch. I am using that last word in its proper way, not as a curse, of course. Being around younger people makes me feel so young, dancing and jumping and crawling around like a sheep and I forget that I am twice their age. Until I wake up the next morning and I can’t move. I have decided to make one of my goals when I lose the weight to date someone at least 10 or 15 years younger. Can you say cougar? Men do it “because they can”, so why can’t women.

OK my photo today:


This is the light in front of my condo. I really like the way it shines through the tree. I gives me a peaceful feeling. I have it as the photo on my desktop.

Now for the recipe portion with advice thrown in for good measure.
Eat a salad for dinner.
Throw lettuce in a bowl with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, maybe carrots and cheese cubes and sliced strawberries and sliced chicken breast with what ever low fat dressing you want and make that your dinner. Then go out for the evening somewhere to sing and dance like choir practice or theatre practice and don’t eat anything when you come home. Good luck with that.
Until next time. (This time I promise I won’t wait two months before I blog again.)
Blessings,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment