Friday 10 February 2012

Clutter House

Oh, I have a clutter house and it's OK,
no one's comin over anyway
you can't walk a straight line anywhere
and the whole darn place is full of pet hair

Oh, I have a clutter house should clean it up
'cause I can't find a clean drinking cup
the paper in my office is 10 ft high
and the dishes in the sink nearly reach the sky.

That's a song I wrote a few years ago as an effort to embrace the clutter rather than let it get to me. It worked to a degree. There are other verses, which I can't remember and though I wrote them down, I don't know where they are. In the song the word pet hair was originally cat hair because I had cats. I no longer have cats nor will I ever have cats again. I love my little dog. I do have a clutter house, I could post before pictures, but it will be a long time before there is an after picture. I moved into this condo to get a fresh start, but just ended up taking my clutter with me. It has been three years.

I couldn't find the picture I took awhile ago of the clutter on my office floor so here is a picture of me sleeping. I took myself. I will let you figure that one out.
In terms of my weight loss activities, I do walk the dog every day, but have only managed to do the wii fit exercising two or three times since I started this blog.
Excuses:
I am on deadline and work late
I am tired.
I don't have time in the morning and if i don't do it in the morning it doesn't get done
I figure if I don't do anything, the weight will just go away
My brain has been abducted by aliens and I forget how to excersice. Damn, I still can't spell it. Exercise. There, thank you spell check.
I decided to be brave this past Tuesday and went and auditioned for Godspell put on by the Paris Performers Theatre. I have always wanted to be in a musical play that people would actually pay money to see. I tried out for all the high school plays and never got chosen. I can't even get cast in my church plays. How lame is that. But, they asked me to be in Godspell, along with two UC choir ladies, one of whom I think is my age and two teenage girls, one of whom is the daughter of the  director. Then there are five young college aged guys, three of which are fraternal triplets. They sing like angels. I will like this. Lots of singing and moving and dancing in this play. I can't wait. I hope by the time performance comes around the weekend of June 1, I will have lost substantial weight. In fact my goal was to lose at least 40 lbs for the family reunion in July. I don't see why that couldn't be possible. Of course I need to avoid late night snacking and making those snacks hot tamales and chocolate and buttered popcorn. Not all at once of course.

Here is my recipe:
First I must divulge a cooking secret of which North Americans are clueless, but that Mediterraneans have known for years. When cooking with ground beef add a teaspoon or two of cinnamon per pound. It takes away the aftertaste that beef tends to have.
Sandy's Easy Chili
1 pound of lean ground beef
1 can of Aylmer's Accents diced tomatoes for Chili
1 can of red kidney beans
Brown the beef after first spraying the bottom of the pan with Pam, add some cinamon as specified in my divulged secret above, a teaspoon of garlic order or one fresh garlic mashed through one of those garlic masher tools, one onion chopped finely or a tablespoon of onion flakes.
Add the tomatoes and beans and simmer everything for while on medium heat until flavours are all absorbed and everything heated through. Serve on top of a baked potato that was cooked for a few minutes in the microwave. Sprinkle everything with your favourite low fat grated cheese. Enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment