Wednesday 1 February 2012

Body Flush

Here's the second posting of my "trip". I just watched the movie "Bobby" the other day and Ashton Kutcher sure takes a trip in that. He even pronounced the full name of LSD, which I won't because I probably wouldn't get the spelling right the first time out.
One word I never spell correctly is exersice...yes every time I spell it that way...exercise...there. Until I can spell exercise the first time out it will never become routine.
I did do some this morning on my Wii Fit. After sitting for a half hour at the cuputer afterward, every muscle hurt. Ah well.
So the first post was about Richard Simmons, but it won't all be like that. I will be stating an opinion about something, posting a picture and then giving you a recipe.
Let's talk about the "Cleanse!" Where for US$400 plus change you get three mega jars of whey powder and several bottles of vitamins. You have a shake for dinner, a shake for breakfast and a salad for lunch. Then you pop vitamins all day long. Celebrities are all into it, they are featuring it on TV shows. It's all the big rage. Trouble is these people are missing the obvious. They are buying into the fad. I would have bought into it 15 20 years ago, before I really knew that none of these things do what they say they will do. Eating no real food for several weeks is not healthy. Why do things like this when it has such short term results? It isn't part of your "journey" it is a stall in neutral. You are eventually going to go back to eat real food... in fact you are suppose to on this Cleanse. And then when you start falling off the wagon again you fork out another $400 plus change and do it all over again. And how on earth can you clense your body with powder and vitamins anyway? I agree with the salad part of it, natural organic (if you can find it) fresh vegitables and fruit will clean your system right out. And if you want  to save your money and still clense your body, Drink Water!!! Filtered, clean refreshing water. Lots and lots of it, 8 classes a day. Water is the natural body flush.
So, that's that. We all know what we need to do to lose the pounds, trouble is translating that to our behaviour. I am hoping that writing this will help with my behaviour.
So here I am writing this blog and sending it out to cyber space. Someone may read it, someone may not. But like the actor/rocker Meat Loaf (the person not the food) says, "I would perform for three trees." At least by doing this electronically I am saving trees.
I saw Meat Loaf this past summer too. So that will be today's photo feature. Great concert on the 2nd hottest day of the summer. He opened with Hot Patootie from Rocky Horror so the second picture there he is trying to do the Time Warp dance. Thought I should explain that as he looks like he might be doing something else. Maybe the results of the Cleanse.



Here is another recipe I invented.
Vanilla Yogurt, Banana Strawberry Orange Smoothy
In a blender put a frozen banana broken in peices (We never manage to eat the whole bunch of bananas before they turn too ripe, so I put them in the freezer.)
About a cup of Strawberries (you can substitute raspberries or blueberries too)
A half cup orange juice
A half cup low fat vanilla Yogurt
A squeeze of lemon juice.
Blend it up and enjoy.

Happy trails.

Sandy






No comments:

Post a Comment