Monday 30 January 2012

Nobody likes to listen to someone else whine about their weight. I hate the term "let yourself go" I'm not letting myself go anywhere. That's the trouble. I am starting this blog so I will be accountable to any and all who read it. Especially to myself. It has taken 10 years to gain 90 pounds and I intend to lose it all in one. I've always been healthy and fit. I am still healthy, knock on wood. But I am pushing 49 and diabetes runs in the family so that may change. I am going to fix it before it completely breaks. My cousin once wrote me a very thoughtfully written letter on how her weight loss was a journey and I remember it made me angry. Not sure why exactly. I guess cause I knew that she was right and I didn't want to hear it. So yes it is a journey. I'm taking a trip. Met Richard Simmons this past summer and well...let me tell you, he was a trip. The guy is truly a freak of nature, but he knows what he's prancing about. You gotta love him. He jumped off stage to meet an extremely large woman in a wheel chair. He offered to buy a prom dress for a teen who said she was dieting to fit into one. He signed my DVD I brought even though is "handlers said he couldn't sign anymore, he gave me a kiss and hug and was crazy about my daughter with the rainbow hair asking her to come up on stage for a pic with us. It's pushing 1 am on January 31 right now. The New Year resolution starts now. Now that I have taken the month to recover from Christmas. So come on this journey with me and maybe offer me a paddle when I fall in deep water. I am being realistic here. I need to do this. Really do this.


So here a recipe I have invented that makes an amazing healthy breakfast.
Poached egg white omelets:
In an egg poaching pan spray the egg holding part with Pam. Then put small pieces of onion in the bottom to cook a bit first. Over the onion, sprinkle tiny bits of broccoli, then put bits of low fat cheese on top of that. Then pour in egg white to the top, I like the stuff in the little carton. On top of that sprinkle pepper to taste and some parsley and maybe a bit of fresh basil. Let it cook.  Eat it with a slice of flax bread or bagel. Really really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment